Staten Island Market Trends for September 2021
Existing home sales jumped by 20% in September as compared to last year.
Closed sales have been tending lower in the past two months as sales prices continue to soar pushing the meadian sales price to new highs.
Declining affordability has impacted many homebuyers, who have been priced out of the market and are choong to wait on the sidelines, hoping for prices to lower in the future.
The Latest Numbers for September 2021as compared to September 2020
- New Listings were down 26% to 520
- Pending Sales were down to 24% 423 listings under contract
- Inventory levels fell 43% to just 1,432 houses available for sale
- The Median Sales Price increased 9% to $610,000 as buyer demand continues to build
- Days on Market was down 29% to 75 days.
- Sellers remain encouraged as Months Supply of Inventory was down 63% to 3.0 months supply.
A few highlights of the current Staten Island, NY Housing market are shown below and represents properties available for sale, in contract and that have sold/closed.
This Month’s Most Expensive - The most expensive of all Staten Island, NY homes listed for sale this month was listed for $4,300,000. It is an exclusive estate in Todt Hill. Click here to see it >> 255 Benedict Road
This Month’s Least Expensive - The least expensive of all Staten Island, NY homes for sale came on the market at $199,900 and would be a great starter home. Click here to see >> 2701 Goethals Road B11
Go to Staten Island Real Estate Update access the entire report.
Schedule a Tour
Choose your date. It's free cancel anytime.