4 Bed, 3 Bath
1 of 55 Photos.
247 Whims Court, Rochester, MI
$519,999 | 4 BEDROOMS | 3 (2 full, 1 half ) BATHROOMS | 3054 SQUARE FEET
Step right into this custom re-built home and see what the fuss is about. Not much left of the original 1957 built home. Major renovation was completed by professionals in 2002 and gave this home a new lease on life. Everything is new! This home has a floor plan for entertaining, relaxing, and LIVING! Located on 1.2 acres and just a stone's throw from down town Rochester, you'll love everything it has to offer. Many custom features including chef's kitchen with radiant floor heat, knotty alder cabinets, granite and above/below cabinet lighting. The professional grade Wolf appliances will make you stop in your tracks. 6 burner gas range with griddle, Double Electric Oven, Warming Drawer and Microwave. Cooking just became fun again! Clean up with the built in double dishwasher (cabinet faced front so it blends right in). The refrigerator is also cabinet faced and things like the toaster and coffee maker tuck right into the built in cubby. Designed to be easy to live in, there is also a nice sized island with seating and room for a large dining table.
Step outside onto the large back patio complete with Phantom brand screens with remote control. Enjoy a cold beverage after a long day at work, or let the kids play outside without being bothered by bugs. The 1.2 acres are full of paved seating areas, perennial gardens designed by Robert Thomas Landscaping and a large fire pit and shed.
The complete Master Suite Addition includes a wall of closets designed by Custom Closets, and an extra walk in closet. The master bathroom has ceramic floor, beautiful shower & custom Haas cabinets. The vanity is spacious with double sinks.
3 additional bedrooms on the main floor all have gorgeous Iroko wood floors. One bedroom has french doors and would be a great office. The second full bathroom is located near these bedrooms and offers a step in shower and an AIR jetted tub (much more sanitary than water jets). Conveniently located laundry areas are located on the first floor and in the basement. Both sets of washers and dryers stay with the home.
Many upgrades include whole house generator, roof (2014), septic tank and field (2013), dual furnaces and air conditioners. All Andersen Windows and Sliding Doors, Custom Landscaped by Robert Thomas, this is a one of a kind and a MUST SEE. See below for more features.
Contact Nancy Duncanson for a private showing at 248-568-6750. Seller requests 24 hours notice.
- Property Type: Residential
- Mls #: 218056290
- Lot Size: 1.2 acres
- Year Built: 1957
- Interior Features: Over 3000 sf living space, flexible floor plan including upper or lower level master suites, bedroom with french doors could be office, Anderson windows and doorwalls, Iroko engineered hardwood flooring, Dual zone radiant heating, Central Vac system, First floor laundry AND lower level laundry (both sets of washer/dryer included), new laundry tub. The second bathroom has large walk in shower and an AIR jetted tub (much more sanitary than water jets).
- Custom Kitchen: Custom Knotty Alder Cabinets from Dillman & Upton in Rochester, WOLF Appliance Package including 6 Burner Gas Range with Griddle, Double Electric Oven, Microwave and Warming Drawer. Also includes Cabinet Faced Refrigerator/Freezer and Cabinet Faced Double Dishwasher. Above and Below Cabinet Lighting, Granite Counter, Ceramic Flooring with Radiant Heat, Island with Seating, Stained Glass Pantry Door, Southern Exposure
- Master Suite: This large Master Suite, added onto the home in 2002, was carefully thought out. It was wired with a 220 line to be made into an apartment or full in law suite, if necessary. Or you can leave it just as it is and enjoy the built in wall of closets designed by Custom Closets. Step into the Master Bathroom and you'll be greeted by a luxurious double vanity with Haas cabinetry. The ceramic shower is large and very pretty. Top that off with another walk in closet and a large main room. Enjoy your morning coffee while sitting on the balcony overlooking the perennial gardens..
- Exterior Home Features: Drive up to the large 2.5 car attached garage, complete with extra bay in front for that vehicle you love to work on. There is also a workshop area and a great amount of storage. The front and rear doors make accessing the yard a breeze. 1.2 acre lot with perennial gardens designed by Robert Thomas and several paver patio seating areas make this a oasis that you will love to come home to. The large yard is fenced, has a shed in back for all your goodies, and a large firepit area. My favorite part of this home is the large (and I mean large) back patio. Here you can sit and relax...it's truly an oasis in the city. And don't worry about the bugs, just lower the Phantom Brand screens and keep them all out! The side of the home has wrought iron fencing and a double gate so getting a large mower or swing set into the yard is a breeze.
- Mechanical Upgrades: Whole House Generator with auto on/off feature, Two furnaces and A/C unit which are maintained yearly, Water Softener and Reverse Osmosis System. The roof is new (2014) as well as the septic tank and field (2013). Dual zone radiant floor heating in most of the main floor and a gas fireplace will keep you cozy warm in the winter.
- Community Information: Low Oakland Township taxes paired with one of the best school systems in the state! Just a quick jaunt to Downtown Rochester, this home is truly an oasis in the city. Baldwin Elementary School, Hart Middle School and Stoney Creek High School. Enjoy the outdoors, this home is just a quick bike ride away from the paint creek trail and Stony Creek Metropark.